B.A. in Business Administration
The B.A. in Business Administration offers an exceptional curriculum in management, market economy, accounting, finance, and marketing. It is a business education that combines in-class theory with real world problem solving, and a program delivered by an international faculty with top qualifications and experience in the business world.
Our business school in Prague knows that students need more than a degree: they need an education that prepares them for the real world. Courses are designed for students to master the written and verbal English skills necessary for international business, and develop qualitative as well as quantitative thinking. A.A.U.’s graduates are prepared for the most competitive and dynamic jobs on the market.
The B.A. in Business Administration program creates business professionals that are able to manage their own career development, as well as the development of other individuals and groups.
Graduates of the B.A. in Business Administration can expect to:
- Have actionable knowledge of business and organizational theory and principles
- Solve complex and unpredictable organizational problems
- Be able to work independently, in teams, and in multicultural environments
- Manage complex technical and professional activities
Full-time: Study and advancement is based on classroom lectures and interactive exercises. Attendance and participation are mandatory.
- 7 class hours = 1 ECTS credit
- 42 hours = 6 ECTS/3 US credits
Having completed all program requirements, students are conferred a Bachelors degree. The degree awarded is concurrently recognized as a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in the United States, per A.A.U.'s accreditation by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, and as a Bakalář (Bc.) accredited by the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic. Graduates may select whether to use the U.S. post-nominal or the Czech title.
Our graduates are prepared for success in management, business advising, and as financial analysts, in the fields of Public Relations, Human Resources, Marketing, and Accounting.
Our graduates are able to communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English. Our graduates are able to identify, describe and discuss complex topics for international audiences.
Access to Master’s Studies
A.A.U. graduates are sought after in master’s programs at private and public universities in the Czech Republic, other EU countries, the United States, Canada and many other countries around the world.
General Education Courses
- COM101 Composition I.
- COM102 Composition II.
- ECO120 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECO110 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- LBS210 Introduction to Business Law
- CIS161 Computer Information Systems
- 1 course from “Humanities and Social Sciences” group
- 1 course from “Civilization” group
Program Required Courses
- CIS261 Business Information Systems
- MGT245 Introduction to Management
- MTH111 Business Mathematics I.
- MKT248 Introduction to Marketing
- MGT255 Business Ethics
- ACC233 Financial Accounting
- ACC263 Managerial Accounting
- FIN304 Corporate Finance
- MTH222 Business Statistics
Emphasis Required Courses
- MTH190 Business Mathematics II.
- MGT280 Project Management
- MGT357 Human Resources Management
- 2 courses from: MKT375 Marketing Research or MGT415 Operations Management or MTH250 Introduction to Econometrics
- 1 course from: MGT325 International Business or ECO300 International Economics or MKT318 International Marketing
- MGT430 Strategic Planning
- MGT435 Thesis Seminar
- 3 courses from “Business Elective” group
- 1 courses from “Non-Business Elective” group
Program taught in: