The Earl N. Phillips School of Business at High Point University is committed to offering students a comprehensive and relevant curriculum, which encompasses a large selection of courses. Through their choice of electives, students can focus their studies on a specific area such as marketing, finance or management, or choose a more diverse program of study. Our business graduates are prepared for the world of work because they are required to take courses in the Business Core Curriculum. Their choice of electives is in addition to this core curriculum. Thus, they have flexibility in the workplace and are prepared for a multitude of career options.
Why is business a top program?
- Students enjoy strong job placement rates
- Skills acquired in business are useful in all career fields
- The Center for Entrepreneurship allows students to access experienced entrepreneurs and investors
- The Professional Selling Program showcases student talent to top corporations
- Students may combine business curriculum with foreign language and cultural studies in Chinese, French, Italian, and Spanish
- Students learn how to be professional and career-ready
- The Stock Trading Room enables practical finance experience
- Students have an opportunity to earn a 4 + 1 MBA
- Accounting majors have multiple opportunities to intern with local, regional, and Big 4 accounting firms
Opportunities for experiential learning
- HPU Elevator Pitch Competition
- HPU Business Plan Competition
- Regional elevator pitch competitions
- National selling competitions
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs National Conferences
- Involvement with High Point Business Community
- BB&T Leadership Institute Certification
- Roundtable events with the entrepreneurial community
- The Investment Club invests real dollars in markets
- Study abroad global business courses
- Working and learning at the High Point International Home Furnishings Market
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
Student clubs & organizations
- Alpha Kappa Psi Business Fraternity
- American Marketing Association
- Delta Mu Delta Business Honor Society
- Entrepreneurs Club (eClub)
- Floyd Craven Investment Club
- PSB Selling Club
- Sigma Nu Tau Entrepreneurship Honor Society
The B.S.B.A. in Business Administration offers students 12 hours of elective credit to be chosen from any offering within the Earl N. Phillips School of Business. Multiple course combinations are possible, giving students the opportunity to tailor their business electives to meet their own personal or professional goals.
Career opportunities for graduates may be in areas where a broad base of knowledge is required (e.g., positions in management). However, a graduate may find opportunities in more specialized areas that he/she wishes to pursue. For example, a student who seeks a position in new product development may select operations management + market research + marketing management as electives, while a student interested in corporate recruitment/placement may choose to take human resources management + sales development + labor economics.
The Earl N. Phillips School of Business offers the B.S.B.A. degree in Business Administration. To graduate from High Point University with this degree, students must complete the following:
B.S.B.A. in Business Administration
|Major Requirements||69 credits*|
|University Core Requirements||50 credits|
*At least 8 credits of University Core Requirements are “embedded” within each major. Though these overlapping credits are reflected in the credit totals for both Major Requirements and University Core Requirements, they are not counted twice in the calculations of Elective and Total credits.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 30, 2018