The Bachelor of Arts Honours in Design prepares students for research-based postgraduate study and entry into a design career by enabling students to produce creative solutions to complex problems within a specialist area of design and to conduct and report research under supervision.
An appropriate Bachelors degree with a recommended minimum of 60% for all final year modules.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements as outlined above, prospective students may be required to present a portfolio of their work to an interviewed panel.
- Communication Design or Fashion Design or Multimedia Design or Jewellery Design
- Design Project
- Research Methodology
- Design Theory
- Research Essay
- Minimum duration: One year full-time/two years part-time.
- Maximum number of modules per year of study:
- Full time: Five-semester modules.
- Part-time: Three-semester modules in year one (Research methodology, Research Essay); and two-semester modules in year two (Communication Design/ Fashion Design/Multimedia Design/Jewellery Practice and Design Project).
Award of degree
The Bachelor of Arts Honours in Design is awarded to students who have completed all prescribed modules successfully.
Program taught in:
See 135 more programs offered by University of Johannesburg »
This course is
1 - 2