The Bachelor of Arts Honours in Design prepares students for research-based postgraduate study and entry into a design career by enabling students to produce creative solutions to complex problems within a specialist area of design and to conduct and report research under supervision.
An appropriate Bachelors degree with a recommended minimum of 60% for all final year modules.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements as outlined above, prospective students may be required to present a portfolio of their work to an interviewed panel.
- Communication Design or Fashion Design or Multimedia Design or Jewellery Design
- Design Project
- Research Methodology
- Design Theory
- Research Essay
- Minimum duration: One year full-time/two years part-time.
- Maximum number of modules per year of study:
- Full time: Five-semester modules.
- Part-time: Three-semester modules in year one (Research methodology, Research Essay); and two-semester modules in year two (Communication Design/ Fashion Design/Multimedia Design/Jewellery Practice and Design Project).
Award of degree
The Bachelor of Arts Honours in Design is awarded to students who have completed all prescribed modules successfully.
Registration and Start Dates
Registration starts in January and lectures in February for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate course work programmes.
All research programmes for Masters and PhD can register throughout the year.
End Date: Academic starts in January and ends in December. Programme deadline is determined by the duration of the programme.