This program is offered by the Walker School of Business & Technology/Management Department.
The Walker School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) for BS, BA, MBA, MA, MS, and doctoral programs in the Business and Management departments.
- Students will explain the important terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management.
- Students will be able to identify and apply appropriate terminology, facts, concepts, principles, analytic techniques and theories used in management when analyzing moderately complex situations.
- Students will be able to synthesize and integrate important concepts, principles, and theories used in management into solutions to moderately complex management problems.
A minimum of 128 credit hours consisting of the following:
- 45 required credit hours
- Applicable University Global Citizenship Program hours
Students are required to complete at least 45 credit hours in management courses, including MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practices, MNGT 3400 Human Resource Management, courses in accounting, law, and economics, as well as an overview.
The required minimum distribution of coursework varies, depending on the emphasis selected by the student. Transfer students must complete a minimum of 18 credit hours of academic work in the departments of Business and Management at Webster University.
Required courses must be completed at Webster University once the student begins to matriculate at Webster University. Transfer courses taken prior to enrollment at Webster University may be used to substitute for required courses if accepted by the chair.
No more than one course completed with a grade of D may count toward fulfilling the specific requirements of the major. At the international campuses, MNGT 3320 Business Law: International may substitute for MNGT 3280 Introduction to Business Law I.
- ACCT 2010 Financial Accounting (3 hours)
- ECON 2000 Survey of Economics (3 hours)
- MNGT 2100 Management Theory and Practices (3 hours)
- MNGT 3280 Introduction to Business Law (3 hours)
- MNGT 3400 Human Resource Management (3 hours)
- MNGT 3450 Principles of Organizational Behavior (3 hours)
- MNGT 3500 Marketing (3 hours)
- MNGT 3510 Advertising (3 hours)
- MNGT 4330 International Marketing (3 hours)
- MNGT 4570 Marketing Research (3 hours)
- BUSN 3710 Entrepreneurial Finance (3 hours)
- PHIL 2110 Introduction to Ethics (3 hours)
- CSIS 1500 Introduction to Business Technologies (3 hours)
- STAT 1100 Descriptive Statistics (3 hours)*
- MNGT 4920 Marketing Strategies (3 hours)
*Transfer students with 3 hours of approved credit towards BUSN 2750, Introduction to Business Statistics, will satisfy STAT 1100 requirement of the core.