The BEng Electronic Science and Technology programme offers you a thorough foundation in microelectronic engineering, electronic engineering, and photonic engineering. You will learn to operate at the cutting-edge of emerging technologies.
Why Should I Study Electronic Science and Technology At XJTLU?
- Use state-of-the-art equipment and tools for developing integrated circuit (IC) design, IC fabrication and application in electronic systems
- Have access to an equipped clean-room to apply knowledge learnt from books and lectures
- Study an IC design module, based on appropriate software, which is unique among Chinese universities
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BEng Electronic Science and Technology programme, you will:
- have extensive experience in modelling and analytical methods
- be able to use IT tools and computer-aided design systems for modelling, analysis, simulation and design
- be able to design a system, component or process based on initial requirements and constraints
- be able to design and fabricate integrated circuit chips or photonic devices.
Modules: Year One
UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
Modules: Year Two
Modules: Year Three
Modules: Year Four
Choose from the following:
With a worldwide shortage of graduates in this field, BEng Electronic Science and Technology graduates have multiple career opportunities within micro-electronic engineering, electronic engineering and photonic engineering. Given the programme's strong focus on micro and photo-electronics, graduates will be particularly well-equipped for employment in the microelectronics (semiconductor) and photonics industries.
The programme will also provide a sound foundation for further studies at masters and PhD levels in microelectronics, electronics and photonics.
Program taught in: