Security challenges such as terrorism and cybercrime rank among the most pressing issues of our time. In the Bachelor’s in Security Studies you study 21st-century security challenges and learn to devise strategic solutions for a complex world.
Why study Security Studies?
International terrorism, cybercrime, natural disasters and other issues affect the security and safety of millions each day. In Security Studies you learn to unravel security challenges by focusing on the political, historical and societal context in which they arise, as well as the effect of governance, institutions, and the media. You gain an academic perspective, and the ability to think critically about complex issues while taking all relevant factors of specific security challenges into account.
Why Securities Studies at Leiden University?
This English-taught programme challenges you to combine critical thinking with a practical attitude and helps you to develop into an all-around, academically trained, highly employable security specialist.
- The study in The Hague, a global hub of security expertise and home to organizations such as Europol.
- Highly international in terms of students and lecturers, bringing broad perspectives to the classroom.
- The Leiden programme offers you opportunities to match your future ambitions.
Is this the programme for you?
- Do you read the international news with interest, seeking the interaction between global (security) events and their effect on people, nations, and organizations?
- Are you an engaged and curious critical thinker?
- Are you stimulated to find solutions to the crucial security and safety issues that arise every day?
- Do you want to learn from leading academics and security professionals?
Then the Bachelor’s in Security Studies is for you!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 31, 2018