AGU BSc in Computer Engineering (100% in English)
- Mathematical, Natural And Social Sciences,
- Communication And Academic Writing,
- Data Structures,
- Computer Networks,
- Computer Hardware,
- Software Engineering, Internet, And Web Technologies,
- Operating Systems
- Database Systems
In addition to the required courses, the program contains 5 departmental electives that enable the students to deepen their knowledge in a special area of interest, 3 non-departmental electives, and 5 free electives.
Why Join the AGU Bsc in Computer Engineering
- To take advantage of a comprehensive and innovative educational environment that includes brand-new and top quality research facilities to meet the ever-increasing demands of today’s information and technology-driven society.
- To benefit from the great knowledge, skills, experience, and opportunities that will be offered to you to help you become successful engineers in today’s global society.
The graduates of the Computer Engineering Department will be able to:
- Develop innovative solutions and technologies for the computational problems of the modern age,
- Work in the top level engineering and research and development projects at the national and international institutions,
- Assume executive, leadership, and entrepreneurial roles in their careers.
Program Learning Outcomes
Cultivated under the learner-focused model of AGU, the graduates of the Computer Engineering Department will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences towards engineering problems,
- Design and perform experiments to analyze and interpret data,
- Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems,
- Design a component, process, system, or product to meet desired needs under realistic constraints and conditions, addressing economic, environmental, sustainability, producibility, ethical, social, political, health and security issues,
- Function in multi-disciplinary teams,
- Communicate effectively in Turkish and English,
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
- Recognize and understand professional and ethical responsibilities,
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context,
- Develop knowledge of contemporary issues.
Students applying to the AGU BSc in Computer Engineering must present one of the following:
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) *: “math” and “critical reading” tests minimum 1100 points out of 1600, "math" test minimum 660 points out of 800
- American College Testing (ACT) *: minimum 24 points out of 36
- International Baccalaureate (IB): diploma grade minimum 33
- General Certificate Education (GCE): Related with the program applied A Level Exam
- High School Diploma: B-equivalent
Students will also have to provide proof of their English Proficiency with either of the following:
- IMS (Abdullah Gül University English Proficiency Exam):
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 19, 2018