Are you ready for the many challenges of studying behaviour, awareness and the brain? Then this study will suit you, for psychology pervades all forms of human activity.
As a psychologist, you deal with human behaviour and development in many fields, including psychological treatment, education, workplace, sports, environment, traffic, health, media, and more. In clinical professions, for example, you are concerned with the treatment of people with emotional or behavioural disorders or supporting patients with neurological deficits. Developmental issues are central to clinical work as well as origins of maladaptive behaviour often lie in early childhood.
In our bachelor programme:
- you learn about theories of the biological, cognitive, social and environmental factors influencing behaviour;
- you obtain basic communicational and diagnostic skills necessary for work in practice;
- you are trained to get an in-depth focus on the methodological and statistical knowledge and skills essential for scientific research;
- you learn to reflect on scientific theory in psychology;
- you learn to reflect on your own development as a psychologist;
- you have the possibility to focus on a domain of your own interest and that fits best with the track in your future Master programme.
The BSc in Psychology is a 3-year programme that provides the basis for a career as a psychologist in the fields of healthcare, research, government organizations and business. It qualifies you for a master's programme in psychology, by providing you with the theoretical basis for your later career in psychology, regardless of the specialization that you choose.
Psychologists get into jobs where a thorough knowledge of human possibilities and constraints is important, like a career in mental health care. Psychologists can also work in business or in organizations. For example, they are used to recruit new staff, in coaching or in training. Finally, it is possible to find yourself in research institutes or universities.
- Sport psychologist
- Communication advisor
- Marketing consultant
- Forensic psychologist
If you are a native English speaker or if you hold a Dutch VWO diploma, you are exempt from providing us with proof of your English language proficiency. If you need to provide proof, acceptable test scores are:
- IELTS overall band 6
- TOEFL computer based 213
- TOEFL internet based 80
If you have taken or plan to take an English language test that is not listed here, please contact us for more information.
You will need a secondary education with qualifications for entrance to an undergraduate programme at a university. This includes:
- UK - 3 A Levels
- Germany - Abitur
- International Baccalaureate Diploma - 24 points or higher.
If you want to know if your diploma is accepted, please contact us or look on our website.
Application deadlines (course starts September 1, 2019)
- EU/EEA students: January 15, 2019
- Non-EU/EEA students: January 15, 2019
- EU/EEA students: € 2083
- non-EU/EEA students: € 8900
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 18, 2018