The Bachelor of Science Tourism is an English-taught interdisciplinary academic programme offered jointly by Wageningen University and NHTV Breda. In 3 years’ time, you will become an expert at researching sustainable tourism development.
Sustainable tourism from an academic perspective
- How can tourism support the economic development of poor rural communities?
- What is the impact of climate change on remote island destinations?
- How does traveling affect someone's quality of life?
After your graduation, you can continue your education by pursuing an academic master's degree or apply your knowledge to the sustainable development of tourism.
As a Bachelor of Science Tourism graduate, you can find a job in:
- Strategic Tourism Management
- Tourism Marketing, Sales & Product development
- Tourism Policy-Making
- Tourism Research & Consultancy
Work is carried out from a broader conceptual perspective than that of a future practice-oriented marketeer, project leader or entrepreneur.
Why study Bachelor of Science Tourism at NHTV
- world-class research and education by Wageningen University and NHTV Breda
- interdisciplinary combination of economic, social and environmental sciences
- explores the potential of sustainable tourism development to improve the quality of life
- international staff and students
- the international research project in the second year
- small-scale and personal
- access to a wide range of academic master's programmes in the Netherlands and abroad
Admission requirements for international students
You can be admitted to the programme with:
- An International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma, including Math Standard or Math Higher.
- A European Baccalaureate (EB) diploma, including Mathematics (3 hrs).
- Another secondary or high school diploma that equals the Dutch vwo diploma, including Mathematics.
English language proficiency
The Bachelor of Science Tourism is taught in the English language. All international applicants, except native speakers, must provide recent evidence of their spoken and written command of English.
The following qualifications are acceptable as evidence of proficiency in English for entry into the Bachelor of Science Tourism programme:
- TOEFL paper-based 550, computer-based 213, internet-based 79-80
- IELTS minimum overall band score of 6.0 (with a minimum subscore of 6.0 for speaking)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): pass at grade C or higher
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE): pass at grade B/C or higher
(Note: German students who have done either Leistungskurs, Neigungsfach or Profilfach English are exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS test)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 3, 2018