This program prepares students to become computer systems analysts as well as system and software designers.
To do this, they will develop skills in various fields of interest in computer science: programming techniques and languages, software engineering, operating systems, information structures, algorithmics, computer networks and computer security. This knowledge will allow them to solve specific computer problems by determining the needs of users, the nature of the tasks performed by the system or software to create and all the steps associated with its design and implementation. In addition, this training will enable them to install and maintain software as well as to train their users.
Bachelor's degree - Regular path
The regular path includes 30 courses, equivalent to six semesters of full-time study.
Bachelor - Cooperative Path
The cooperative pathway allows for three paid work-study internships. In addition to the 30 courses offered, this path also includes three full-time paid internships of 12 to 17 weeks. Admission to this pathway is made on a selective basis after completing three full-time studies.
All about the program
Specializations and option
This option is for people who want to explore multiple specializations by taking a higher number of optional courses.
Specialization in Information Technology Management
This specialization is intended for students who wish to act as IT project managers, business process analysts and management consultants and systems integrators. They will learn how to design and implement business solutions using information technology. At the end of their studies, they will be able to advise modern organizations on the management of their data as well as the implementation of new computer systems.
Specialization in computer security
This specialization is intended for those who want to act as responsible for computer security in the public or private sector. Several aspects are covered, such as hacking techniques and countermeasures to protect computer systems and networks, cybercrime, software reliability and e-commerce security.
Specialization in visual media technology
This specialization is for people interested in the techniques of creating person-computer interfaces, image processing, 2D / 3D graphics programming and all stages of the game development cycle. video. At the end of their training, students will be able to develop ergonomic graphical interfaces and virtual 3D environments as well as design and implement all the software components of an interactive video game.
- Possibility of three paid internships alternating work-study by joining the cooperative path
- Opportunity to study abroad .
- Possibility for the holders of a DEC technical computer to be recognized up to seven courses, so to complete the BAC in less than 3 years.
- Choice between three specializations offered at the baccalaureate.
- $ 2000 scholarship automatically awarded to students with an R-rating of 31 or higher and admitted to the full-time Fall term.
- Scholarships specifically designed for future computer science students.
All about this area
A program for you if
- You have an analytical and logical mind
- You like to understand and solve problems
- You are passionate about technology and people
- You are precise and rigorous
- You have excellent math skills
- You demonstrate a strong interest in innovation as well as in new information and communication technologies
- Database Administrator
- IT Network Administrator
- IT Analyst
- Software Designer
- Project Manager
- Computer Systems Programmer
- IT Security Specialist
- Companies specializing in IT services
- Educational institutions
- Municipal, Provincial and Federal Governments
- Software industries (security agencies, video games, mobile technologies)
- Financial institutions
- Statistical Services
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 13, 2018