Let’s say you’re looking for some cutting-edge technology to bring with you to Northwood. There are a lot of cool, new products to choose from—but one out there is special. It meets all your expectations. You purchase it online and within three business days, it’s there at your doorstep.
Sounds simple, right? That’s because a product’s journey between the “click” and the “doorbell” is handled by a multitude of manufacturers, suppliers, transporters, warehouses, and retailers who work with the speed and focus of logistical Ninjas. They are part of the product’s supply chain. So, getting from the assembly plant to your hands in three days requires some pretty serious communication, planning, and teamwork.
You can see how the effective management of operations within the supply chain has a tremendous impact on the success of an organization. Professionals from diverse industries indicate there is a very high demand for employees who are competent in these areas, and that there is a shortage of graduates with the necessary competencies. They expect demand to keep growing over the long term, making graduates of this program highly desirable. The array of companies needing supply chain expertise is nearly endless.
A Degree that Works
The Operations & Supply Chain Management graduate can look forward to a great career including the following positions:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Project Manager
- Quality Manager
- Business Process Manager
- Inventory Control Specialist
- Logistics Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
Education in Action
- We pride ourselves on preparing you for your future career by offering experiences and opportunities to put your résumé at the top of an employer’s pile.
- Because you begin courses in your major on day one, you have the opportunity to immediately dive into the supply chain management field.
- Get involved with any of our on-campus events. Serve as a team member or leader and put your academic knowledge to practical use.
- Expect to hear from top-notch guest speakers who will be on campus to network and share insights with you.
- Interactively explore the challenges and new opportunities facing today’s top companies.
- By participating in study abroad or international exchange opportunities, you can enhance your global business knowledge which will give you a huge edge in the job search.
- Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared to pass exams for the following certifications:
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- APICS certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
Program taught in: