The Automation and Control program is dedicated to those who want to be fluent in modern methods of software development, network technologies of different scale and management information systems for different purposes.
Program Educational Objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
Within three to five years of obtaining a bachelor's degree in Automation and Control at Kazakh-British Technical University, we expect our graduates to achieve all or most of the following milestones in that they will be:
- Experienced and technically competent engineers in the field of Automation and Control with a solid foundation in engineering and technology which will enable them to apply a range of different approaches to problem analysis and synthesis as well as different solution strategies in tackling complex technical problems in the industry.
- Competent, committed and capable members and leaders of system design, development and engineering teams, capable of functioning independently, professionally and effectively as they apply the conceptual knowledge and engineering skills gained during their stints at KBTU as well as later on in their careers in various automation and control related projects in their respective workplaces.
- Technology pioneers and change agents as they apply their conceptual knowledge and engineering skills not only to design, develop and deploy state of the art automation and control related tools, techniques, and technologies but also to catalyze change in the workplace and in the economy at large.
- Lifelong learners who in a formal sense will go on to enroll in, and successfully graduate from, more advanced graduate and professional education and certification programs that are nationally and/or internationally recognized in engineering, science or business, and who, more informally, are and will remain wise enough to diagnose, analyze and remedy the gaps or deficits in their own knowledge bases over time by gleaning what they can from the environment on their own.
Student Outcomes are narrower statements that describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students acquire in their matriculation through the program.
- To Understand – To understand the mathematical and physical foundations of automation and control, and how these are used in electronic devices and systems; to realize that engineering knowledge should be applied in an ethically responsible manner for the good of the society.
- To Question – To critically evaluate alternate assumptions, approaches, procedures, tradeoffs, and results related to engineering problems.
- To Design – To design a variety of electronic and/or computer-based components and systems for applications including signal processing, communications, computer networks, and control systems.
- To Lead – To lead teams of engineers in designing a project; to participate in a team in various roles, and understand how they contribute to accomplishing the task set.
- To Communicate – To use written and oral communication to document work and present project results and have a high proficiency level in English.
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Programming Technologies
- Higher Mathematics I, III
- English I, II
- Physics I
The success of our graduates for several years has demonstrated their high caliber and the quality education they possess in IT. Within their professional portfolio, one can also find such qualities as broad-minded outlook, professional knowledge, and practical skills, analytical thinking, and effective teamwork. We sincerely hope that our students will maintain the same level and succeed further in conquering the heights of professionalism and excellence.
Address: Almaty, Tole Bi St., 59, 332 cab.
Phone: +7 (727) 2725615, 2725129
About the School
KBTU considers its mission to provide high-quality education for future leaders in business and industry, to promote innovative technologies and research in the most advanced and prospective areas of ... Read More