Bachelor in Business Economics and Management
- Program: B-EMEN Economics and Management
- Field of study: B-EMEN-MEEN Business Economics and Management
- Level of qualification: Bachelor
- Mode of study: full-time
- Qualification awarded: Bachelor's degree
Specific admission requirements:
Completed secondary education and entrance examination, if required.
Bachelor study programs
- Entrance examination from Mathematics and chosen Foreign Language,
- Applicants for study program "Economics and Management" and "System Engineering and Informatics" -- test from Mathematics and English language,
- Foreigners - test from Mathematics and Czech language.
Qualification requirements and regulations:
Finished secondary education with school leaving certificate.
Specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning:
There are no specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning. The recognition procedure of the university is guided by the Act No. 111/1998 on Higher Education Institutions and the university "Study and Examination Rules".
Profile of the program:
Graduates will have developed a general overview of Economics and Company Management, and also specific managerial and economic competencies to ensure individual activities in the fields of business, production, financing and human resources. Graduates have knowledge of economic theory, management and marketing, finance, accounting and taxation, quantitative methods, IT and communication technologies etc. Graduates will be ready for independent and teamwork, they will have knowledge of quantitative methods to support their decisions, and basic statistical methods to process economic data, and also skills for effective work using modern program equipment. Graduates will be able to use their knowledge of theory and model applications in the fields of Economics and Management to create solutions to decision-making problems and organization of work in companies.
Key learning outcomes:
- to develop students' knowledge of economic, managerial sciences in general
- to make the students know the fundamentals of economic processes and their influence on society
- to teach and promote methods by which economic and managerial processes are monitored and controlled
- to provide students with the personal skills and professional perspective for all firm's activities and decision making
- to promote quantitative techniques to give students modern and perspective tools for decision-making support
- to prepare the graduates for a specialized position in management structure an advisory teams
- to prepare financial plans to ensure all activities using a wide spectrum of resources, including the current funding possibilities available both in the CR and the EU
A professional or a general manager for the corporate or nonprofit organizations. Graduates are prepared for a position in economics, marketing, finance, production department of management structure. Graduates ate ready to assist the top manager of huge firms of manages independently the smaller unit and firm sections. They can also occupy the position of an economic specialist like consultants, advisors in the field of business economics, management, marketing and finance Graduates of the program get the knowledge for effective management of small business enterprises and other medium-size businesses.
Min. 180 ECTS, state final exam, defense of the bachelor thesis.
Access to further studies:
Successful graduates may proceed to master's study program.
Note: To obtain 60 ECTS credits per academic year, students should choose courses from any other study program taught at the university.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 18, 2018