Professional Recognition: Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
Intake: January / June / August
Duration: 3 ½ Years
Fees: RM 31,200.00
- Recognized Matriculation or Foundation with CGPA 2.0 AND credit in Mathematics at SPM Level; OR;
- Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent with credit in Mathematics AND Pass Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) with TWO (2) full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR;
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5. *Candidates with CGPA below 2.5 but above 2.0 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process; OR;
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, AND credit in Mathematics at SPM level.
- Pass Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with at least Jayyid (Good) Level AND Pass Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or equivalent inclusive of Bahasa Melayu and credit in Mathematics; OR;
- Any other qualification recognized by Malaysia government.
- Software Engineering is the area of computer science concerned with the theoretical and practical aspects of the requirement, design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Have a good understanding of software engineering related theory and how this theory influences practice, possess a solid foundation that allows students to maintain their skills and knowledge while the field of software engineering evolves.
- Students are required to attend an internship programme to apply theory to practice within software development.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe a general introduction to software engineering concepts.
- Demonstrate understanding concepts of user and system requirements.
- Design and develop any system using the UML and highlight important implementation concerns.
- Demonstrate an understanding stages of testing from unit testing, component testing, system testing, and acceptance testing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of software maintenance.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with and/or lead a diverse team toward goal accomplishment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of attracting, developing and retaining a high-quality workforce.
About the School
Universiti Selangor (UNISEL), formerly known as Universiti Industri Selangor was established on 23 August 1999. Currently operating at two campuses; the sprawling 1000-acre Main Campus in Bestari