HCMUT-Bach Khoa University’s training program has been updated to meet the society’s needs of highly qualified human resources in Environmental Management area. Students in the of Environmental Management and Technology Programs at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University are equipped with knowledge basis of environmental and natural resources management, remote sensing and GIS applications in natural resources management; knowledge of treatment technology to water supply, wastewater, waste gas and solid waste.
Environmental Management and Technology Programs students learn how to link management decisions with local, regional and global sustainability initiatives
Students will also learn how to link management decisions with local, regional and global sustainability initiatives and be equipped to develop clear alternatives for professional organizations to secure a sustainable future, in both economic and environmental terms.
Soft skills such as teamwork, communication, identifying & solving problems through hands-on training are also offered to our students in a creative, professional, dynamic and competitive international environment.
Environmental Management and Technology engineers can meet the recruitment needs and work at the national and local state agency on environment, projects management board, manufacturing enterprises, industrial areas, non-governmental organizations, domestic and foreign environmental consulting firms and centers, research institutes and universities specialized in environmental resource management.
- State management offices often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology Science graduated from HCMUT-Bach Khoa University, such as Provincial Ministry and Department of Environment and Natural Resources; Provincial Conservation Department; Environmental Monitoring Center of the province; Ministry and Department of Science and Technology; Ministry and Department of Agriculture and Rural Development; District-based Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management, etc.
- Management Board of national, provincial, municipal, local projects such as of environmental sanitation and drainage basin improvement, renovation of river-basin water in quality, provincial management of solid waste, industrial zone and EPZ management, etc.
- Companies often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology graduated from HCMUT-Bach Khoa University, including: SEEN, Energy Development Center (EDEC), Nike Vietnam, Clover Technologies Group, and the environmental consulting firm with advisory functions in setting up feasibility report for projects relating to the environment, natural resources, report for environmental impact assessment and for local / national / regional development planning, etc.
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) often recruit engineers of Environmental Management and Technology graduated from HCMUT-Bach Khoa University, including: IUCN Vietnam, CARE Vietnam, and foreign NGOs such as WWF, Save the Children, ENDA, social organizations such as Water and Environmental Conservation Unions, Environmental Conservation Association, etc.
Opportunity to transfer to our partner universities
Students have 2 options:
- Option 1: Students study at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Environmental Management & Technology awarded by HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
- Option 2: After completing 02 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to Griffith University (Australia) the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the University of Adelaide (Australia). The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% total fee (tuition fee and living expense) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia to get a Bachelor Degree awarded by the Griffith University (Australia).
- Study language: English
- Training duration: 04 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
- Campus: HCMUT-Bach Khoa University campus
List of Courses
|Numerical Methods||Vietnamese Language 2|
|Technical Drawing||Gas Analysis for Natural Resources and Environmental Management|
|General Vietnamese Language 1||Soil Pollution Management and Control|
|Business Administration for Engineers||Solid and Hazardous Waste Management|
|Environmental Analytical Chemistry 2 and Lab||Environmental Modeling|
|Optimization and Environmental Statistics||Occupational Safety and Environmental Hygiene in Industry|
|Physical Training||Environmental Monitoring|
|Environmental Toxicology and Lab-Works||Lab Course on Waste Treatment|
|Physico-Chemical Processes for Environmental Engineering||Air Pollution Control|
|Environmental Law and Policy||Environmental Management in Urban & Industrial Park|
|Environmental Systems Analysis||Resource and Environmental Economics|
|Environmental Hydrology||Project Planning and Analysis for Engineers|
|Environmental Ecology||Water Resource Management|
|Environmental Microbiology||Environmental Impact & Rick Assessment|
|Biological Processes for Environmental Engineering||Managing Urban Water Supply and Drainage System|
Please contact or visit HCMUT-Bach Khoa University website for further information.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 29, 2018