IFA Paris Bachelor Certified by FEDE (Fédération Européenne Des Écoles)
- Duration: 3-year program in English
- Campuses: Paris
- Format: Flexible
- Next Intake: September 2019
- ECTS Credits: 180
- Application Fee: €150
- Tuition Fee/Year: €8,400 in Paris
- Limited To: 25 students per class
"Behind every successful designer, there is a successful business person"
The Bachelor in Fashion Marketing has an innovative structure that enhances the possibility to have a robust business curriculum for fashion that stimulates creativity and talent while exploring the dichotomies between East and West in terms of strategies for marketing, communication, distribution, and branding. It counts on a common first year and is intended to be split into two different courses for the second and third year, in order to give a more profound and specific practical knowledge of the preferred specialization, ending to a specific award.
The modules offer a systemic training, a constant challenge for all students pacing each specific ability through individual assignments, teamwork, and discovery of the industry. The practical application of the theoretical knowledge is warranted by field trips and workshops given by fashion, business, branding and marketing experts.
While the course is structured around a unique module and learning experiences, the highlight is our faculty of skilled and motivated lecturers who come from more than 20 different countries. This veritable educational melting pot allows the students to benefit from different cultural perspectives which in turns stimulates their propensity to analyze and solve issues in creative and unconventional ways.
The 3 years structuring the course correspond to the 3 levels identified within the Higher Education Framework. The course is constructed in compliance with the Bologna Convention principles and grants participants, upon completion, a total of 180 ECTS (60 ECTS per year).
- 18 years old minimum
- High school graduate or equivalence
- IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL IBT 65 (or equivalence) or proof of study in English, for non-native English speakers
- A strong motivation in Fashion
- Interview (on campus or Skype)
Documents to provide:
- Fill in the online application form
- Latest high school transcript
- Copy of High school diploma or its equivalence
- Motivation letter
- Passport photo
- Copy of passport
Under the framework of Higher Education, the first year corresponds to an H.E. Level 4. Students are following core modules in order to discover the universe of the fashion business. They will acquire basic skills in marketing, communication, market research, human resources and accounting in order to lay the pedagogical foundation of their learning curve.
- Marketing Foundations: is where students are going to be introduced to the world of marketing in a broad frame.
- Basic Marketing Principles Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning Consumer Behavior Basic marketing Communication
- Fashion Business: is the Module Grouping where students will be introduced to their career as entrepreneurs.
- Basic Accounting and Statistics Human Resources Fashion Industry Cycle Fashion Distribution Panorama Fashion Branding
- Fashion Environment: this is the very specific module to open the cores and specificities of a career in fashion, where students are guided to learn the basics of creation.
- Garment Typology Product Development Color Theory and Design Fashion Trends
- Digital Fashion: is the Module Grouping that will challenge practical and electronic skills, needed to be proficiently owned by everyone in the industry.
- Office Pack Basic Internet Skills Graphic Skills
- Supporting Studies: Provides students with the tools necessary to develop their understanding of their personal, career and industry-based development.
- Contemporary Fashion History: Fashion Culture Fashion News Personal & Professional Development Working Methodology.
Under the framework of Higher Education, the second year corresponds to an H.E. Level 5. In this stage of their learning experience, students are invited to specialize in Fashion Marketing. The focus is put on marketing communications with a perfect blend of business and creative modules.
- Marketing Foundations: This module grouping is structured around both strategic and operational perspectives of Fashion Marketing in order to give students a profound and innovative comprehension of their discipline.
- Strategic Marketing: Media and Advertising PR and Brand Communication Retail Management Buying and Merchandising Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Business: this second installment will allow students to further develop their business and entrepreneurial skills.
- Finance and Budget E-Fashion Global Social Economics and Emerging Markets Market Research
- Fashion Environment: the modules composing this second installment focus on the construction of garments.
- Textile Technology Garment Production and Quality Technical Files
- Supporting Studies: In the second year, this module grouping represents a platform towards developing further students’ professional and creative skills in order to make them market ready for their third year internship.
- Preparation to Internship Personal & Professional Development Creative Writing 1 and 2
- Digital Fashion: students will implement the basics learned during their first-year module grouping in order to apply their skills to the creation of marketing collaterals.
Under the framework of Higher Education, the third year corresponds to an H.E. Level 6. In the final process of their learning experience, students will mobilize all the transferable skills previously acquired in order to overcome the challenges posed by the development of their own personal project. Students electing the Fashion Marketing specialization will be required to produce a comprehensive marketing plan with a focus on branding and communication strategies.
In conjunction, students will have to complete a period of internship so as to apply their theoretical knowledge in a practical context.
Student Workload over the 3 years
Total Workload 3893 Hours
2257 Hours of Face to Face Lectures
1456 Hours of Self Study
180 Hours of Industry Networking
For more information and to download the program brochure, please visit: https://www.ifaparis.com/courses/undergraduate/bachelor-fashion-marketing
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 5, 2019