Bloomsburg University’s Department of Physics and Engineering Technology offers a hands-on approach to undergraduate programs in:
- Health Physics (Radiation Safety)
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Secondary Education: Physics
We also offer a cooperative 3+2 engineering science program at Penn State University.
Research and Practical Projects
With large laboratories and state of the art equipment, all of our programs feature extensive experiments and opportunities to participate in research and practical projects. From designing “smart boxes” for tracking materials in hospitals to investigating quantum mechanical properties of atoms at temperatures near absolute zero, our students are active in cutting-edge research and design.
At Bloomsburg University, we encourage students to get involved in collaborative research with faculty members. Current areas of research include:
- Alternative Energy — consisting of the distinct areas of biofuels, wind energy, and organic photovoltaic cells.
- Ultra-Cold Atomic Physics
- Stellar Astrophysics
- Health and Medical Physics
- Power Electronics — using power semiconductors, magnetics, controls, and digital systems with aerospace applications.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 11, 2018