Bachelor in Socioeconomic and Environmental Development of Regions
- Program: B-RDE Regional Development
- Field of study: B-RDE-SEDRE Socioeconomic and Environmental Development of Regions
- Level of qualification: Bachelor
- Mode of study: full-time
- Qualification awarded: Bachelor's degree
Specific admission requirements:
Completed secondary education and entrance examination, if required.
Faculty of Regional Development and International Studies
Bachelor study programs
- The Learning Potential Test, Foreign language (English or German).
Qualification requirements and regulations:
Finished secondary education with school leaving certificate.
Specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning:
There are no specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning. The recognition procedure of the university is guided by the Act No. 111/1998 on Higher Education Institutions and the university "Study and Examination Rules". Further information available here.
Profile of the program:
Bachelor study program Regional Development is oriented on an understanding of complex problematics of socio-economical and environmental development of the region. Students acquire knowledge of both local and global consequences and conditions of successful regional development. The study program is designed with regard to the modern trends in the regional development policy and the ability of graduates to employ acquired knowledge in both corporate enterprises and institutions of public administration.
Key learning outcomes:
- Ability to solve conceptually regional development problems in economic, political, environmental, and social consequences
- Ability to prepare and to process projects for support of regional activities with the active use of corresponding knowledge
- Ability to analyze the entrepreneurial environment, establish and run business
- Ability of comparison of regional disparities and ability to prepare and to evaluate drafts for solution and removal of these disparities
- Ability to apply an interdisciplinary approach for the solution of regional development problems
- Knowledge of functioning an financing of the public administration system
- Knowledge of financing of regional development
- Ability to identify and to use relevant information sources
- Ability to prepare solutions in business economics and to optimize processes in the area of financial management
- Ability to analyze region in a complex way from the point of view of natural, social and cultural resources and economic performance
Graduates of the degree programs will have not only good general knowledge and skills of well-educated specialists but also abilities:
- to conceptually solve problems of regional development in the economic, economic & political, environmental and social context,
- to competently prepare and develop projects aimed at stimulating regional activities on the basis of a good knowledge of a particular region,
- to analyze the entrepreneurial environment and identify decisive factors and development trends in general and regional conditions,
- to carry out comprehensive analyses of regions from the viewpoint of natural resources, social and cultural resources and economic performance of a region,
- to compare regional disparities and decisive factors affecting these disparities,
- to prepare and evaluate proposals for programs for eliminating regional disparities within a broader framework of development,
- to set up and run their own business in a region,
- to implement environmental policy in analytical, conceptual and implementation phases of problem-solving,
- to participate in teamwork and actively exploit psychological knowledge and communication skills,
- to identify and make good use of appropriate information resources,
- to formulate proposals for problem-solving and to justify proposed solutions.
Min. 180 ECTS, state final exam, defense of the bachelor thesis.
Access to further studies:
Successful graduates may proceed to master's study program.
Note: To obtain 60 ECTS credits per academic year, students should choose courses from any other study program taught at the university.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 18, 2018