Futureproof your career in one of today's fastest evolving industries with the Bachelor of Information Technology (with specialisations) from Charles Sturt University.
Available online or on campus, this IT course gives you the skills to succeed at the cutting edge of the digital economy and take up stimulating employment with national and global industry leaders.
Information technology is at the forefront of innovation and is a driving force in the transformation of organisations in both longstanding and emerging industries. As a result, the demand for highly-skilled IT workers has never been greater, offering a diverse and stimulating career path with global demand.
- A top-rated degree:
With a strong focus on employability, the Bachelor of Information Technology (with specialisations) incorporates major business applications of IT and includes subjects based on the Help Desk Analyst and Certified Desktop Technician certifications, helping you secure your first job in the industry. The Good Universities Guide 2018/19 lists Charles Sturt University's computing and information systems grads as having the highest graduate employment rate in Australia.
- Make your studies wireless:
Study at a Charles Sturt University campus, a Charles Sturt University Study Centre or online from almost anywhere in the world. You can choose between full-time, part-time on-campus and online study options to match your work and lifestyle commitments or combine your studies at Charles Sturt University with study at TAFE. If you already hold relevant TAFE qualifications, you could even reduce the time it takes to complete your degree by obtaining recognition of prior study.
- Boost your potential:
As well as covering the core components of the information systems and computing disciplines – such as databases, digital communications, programming, information security and project management – our IT course offers you four areas of specialisation to suit your interests: business analysis, network engineering, software development and systems administration.
- Further study:
High-achieving graduates may also choose to further their education by joining Honours or master's programs.
The Australian Computer Society (ACS) accredits courses in Information Technology to verify that they meet professional standards in terms of content, staff skills, teaching facility and quality assurance. The Bachelor of Information Technology (with specialisations) is fully accredited at the Professional level by the ACS until 2022.
As an IT professional, you could be involved in developing business protocols and processes such as databases and back-up systems, and computer applications to support these. Positions exist in large or small companies, or you could provide services on a consultancy basis.
- Drive development - Develop websites and mobile applications or keep projects running on time as a project manager.
- Manage networks and systems - This IT course will prepare you for various roles, such as network engineer, systems architect, systems administrator and systems analyst.
- Work in IT Support - Provide technical support, troubleshooting and fix software and hardware.
“The course also provided for many real-world examples and projects, giving me the opportunity to carry out projects with my current employer, while also using these during my studies.”
Reece Hamblin - Bachelor of Information Technology
English language requirements
You can normally meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP) requirements for entry to most Charles Sturt University courses by doing one of the following:
- Providing evidence of having completed a sufficient standard of study in English.
- Obtaining Academic IELTS within the last 2 years, with a minimum overall score of 6 and no individual score below 5.5.
- Obtaining a qualification deemed to be equivalent to Academic IELTS (and its minimum scores) by Charles Sturt.
- Charles Sturt University is Australia’s leading regional university. Charles Sturt campuses are small, friendly communities, based in vibrant regional Australian locations.
- Charles Sturt University is #1 for graduate employment, More Charles Sturt grads get jobs faster than grads from any other university in Australia. (Good Universities Guide 2020/21).
- Charles Sturt’s approach to teaching and learning combined with hands-on experience ensures graduates have the best opportunities to kickstart careers in their chosen profession.
About the School
Join the university with the highest graduate employment rate in Australia* – more Charles Sturt University grads get jobs faster than grads from any other uni. Employers know Charles Sturt grads are ... Read More