The Engineering Institute of Technology is pleased to bring you the Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering) program available both fully online and on campus in Australia. Please read below for details about both delivery options.
In this accredited and prestigious program you will gain:
- Skills and know-how in the latest and developing technologies in mechanical engineering
- Practical guidance and feedback from mechanical experts from around the world
- Knowledge from the extensive experience of expert lecturers, rather than from just theoretical information
- Global networking contacts in the industry
- A valuable and accredited Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)** qualification
The field of engineering that applies physics and the material sciences to develop machinery, is mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineers use the principles of force, energy, and motion to improve the safety, efficiency and technological advancement of the world around us. They are involved in the design manufacture and operational processes of anything that moves, from the tiniest, simplest micro-particles to the largest, most complex spacecraft and everything in between. As a mechanical engineer, you have a skill set that is applicable to many industries in the world, including automotive, transport, manufacturing, power generation, medical. Consumer goods and more!
With this qualification, you will have acquired the essential knowledge which underpins both this and other fields of engineering. More importantly, you will have become a mechanical engineering technologist.
- An Australian Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent; OR
- A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering Advanced Diploma or higher from an Australian higher education institution; OR
- An overseas qualification equivalent to the above item from a structured program of learning that leads to the full or partial achievement of an officially accredited qualification undertaken at a tertiary institution such as a university, government technical college, or government recognized private college (EIT assesses overseas qualifications using Australian Government guidelines to determine their comparability to qualifications); AND
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education or equivalent; OR
- A specified level of achievement in a recognized English language test such as IELTS (or equivalent) at a score of at least 6.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.5); or TOEFL equivalent;
It is desirable that applicants hold a Senior Certificate with:
- Advanced Mathematics; or WACE Mathematics: Methods; or equivalent
- Physics and Chemistry, with equivalents, considered.
Applicants with WACE Mathematics Applications (or equivalent) will be accepted, but EIT may also recommend a bridging course as a supplementary activity. To confirm that past studies in mathematics align with these requirements, applicants may contact an EIT Course Advisor for assistance.
International students who wish to study on-campus in Australia will need to have a valid international student visa. For more information please complete the contact form available on this page.
Prior Learning Recognition and Exemptions
EIT can give you credit for units where you can demonstrate substantial prior experience or educational background. An assessment fee may apply. If you wish to find out more please ask us for your copy of the policy for recognition of prior learning.
** A note regarding recognition of this program in the Australian education system: EIT is the owner of this program. The qualification is officially accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
On Campus - Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)
Course at a Glance
- Schedule Start Date: 25th January 2019 (on campus)
- Code: BMEOC
- Course Length: 3 Years (full time)
- Course taught in English
CRICOS Provider Code: 03567C | CRICOS Course Code: 095815G
Online - Bachelor of Science (Mechanical Engineering)
Course at a Glance
- Schedule Start Date: 02 January 2019 (online)
- Code: BME
- Course Length: Up to 6 Years (part-time)
- Course taught in English
THE NEW GENERATION OF ENGINEERING EDUCATION
What makes this LIVE ONLINE program truly innovative:
- This engineering qualification is distinguished by its emphasis on useful, practical industry-orientated technology units combined with strong academic foundations closely aligned with the job market. It is a truly interactive online program, drawing on features such as interactive live instruction and remote (cloud-based) laboratories.
- EIT’s existing industry-orientated programs ensure that you have a continuous pathway (with viable exit or “rest” points) to a professional engineering level beginning with advanced diploma studies, through Bachelors of Science, to master’s degree level. You will be able to exit the pathway with a qualification.
- The flexibility of study load and duration, within program rules. If you wish to reduce the study load then duration may extend up to a maximum of 6 years unless extenuating circumstances apply (illness, parenting responsibilities or similar).
It is global in its reach. EIT’s current students join from over 100 countries.
- Students are supported by a dedicated Learning Support Officer in addition to the lecturers. This provides a single, consistent point of reference for students and intensive support to enhance the learning process. The Learning Support Officer acts as a mentor who will assist you to augment your potential throughout the program and acts as a conduit for direct contact with the lecturers.
- Lecturers are drawn overwhelmingly from industry and are highly experienced engineers, as well as practiced presenters.
EIT has built strong linkages with industry over many years operating in the vocational sector. Flexible and dynamic development means that units will maintain currency with changing technology.
Join the next generation of Mechanical Engineers.
Through innovative live eLearning, participate from your home or office with the full support and mentoring of dedicated Learning Support Officer and industry experienced lecturers.** A note regarding recognition of this program in the Australian education system: EIT is the owner of this program. The qualification is officially accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
This Bachelor's Degree is an academically accredited program by the Australian Government agency Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia under the Sydney and Washington accords. This EIT degree is internationally recognized under the International Engineering Alliance (IEA) accords and the various signatories (http://www.ieagreements.org/accords/washington/signatories/).
Benefits of eLearning to Students
- Cost-effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Learning Support Officer for the complete duration of the course
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into the international practice
Benefits of eLearning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full-time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT eLearning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put the theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Learning Support Officer.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the ground-breaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 20, 2018