Having a hard time choosing just one area of business? General Business allows you to choose from many different career paths and customize your curriculum to meet your goals.
In General Business, you will gain an overall understanding of business and how organizations operate.
General Business majors choose upper-level business course electives from accounting, economics, finance, management, marketing and management information systems courses.
What makes General Business at WVU unique?
- Academic flexibility: Build your own curriculum and choose courses from all 10 College of Business and Economics majors.
- Accreditation: The College of Business and Economics is AACSB accredited.
- Financial Support: The College of Business and Economics offers merit-based and general scholarships.
- Go First: Small business plan competitions and other programs available through the BrickStreet Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
Transfer Articulation Agreements
In addition to guaranteed admission agreements WVU has transfer articulation agreements with:
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College - Business Administration 2+2.5
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College - Business Administration 2+2
- Eastern West Virginia Community and Technical College - Business
- Pierpont Community and Technical College - Business
What can you do with a degree in General Business?
Graduates work in a variety of industries, such as government, real estate and business services. Careers include sales, project management, business analysis and management.
Incoming freshmen to the College of Business and Economics may qualify for merit-based scholarships based on GPAs and SAT/ACT test scores. No additional application is necessary. These scholarships are in addition to University scholarships.
In addition to meeting WVU's base admission standards, first-time freshmen must also meet the following admission requirement for the 2019-20 academic year:
For direct admission to the College of Business and Economics:
- GPA: 3.00
- ACT Math: 22
- SAT Math: 540
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 19, 2018