The Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Business Administration* aims to develop pro-active decision makers, managers and leaders for a variety of careers in business sectors in a global context. The programme focusses on innovation, creativity and leadership, making it a varied and challenging journey towards awareness of one’s own professional skills and abilities.
A grouping of essential core subjects is uniquely combined with the study of a language, two integral internship placements, integrative workshops and the choice of four specializations in management, marketing, finance and media and communications. A distinctive constellation of interlocking subjects ensures that each student receives the knowledge and the analytical, creative and quantitative expertise needed to be able to manage people, resources and information in a dynamic business environment. With these key skills, E.S.E. students are more attractive to employers and know how to enable companies to achieve their goals and objectives in the private, public and non-profit sectors.
Students will also have the added advantage of being able to pursue the BSc in Business Administration in any of the E.S.E. campuses, whether London, Madrid, Milan, Florence or Rome. They will have the unique opportunity to transfer between campuses on a per term or per year basis, experiencing the same programme in multiple international contexts and cultures.
Key Components of the BSc in Business Administration
- A choice of four specializations – management, marketing, finance, media and communication
- Academic credit for language modules which will increase employability
- Two internship placements from a choice of 1500 companies worldwide
- Integrative workshops to provide the knowledge, skills, practice and pastoral care to ensure maximized personal and academic development
- Ideal preparation for postgraduate study
- A degree programme offered across two continents with the possibility of transferring between campuses in London, Milan, Florence, Rome and Madrid on a per term or per year basis
- Three intakes per academic year – September, January April – providing extra enrolment options
- The opportunity to take an English/Italian bilingual first year in Florence, enabling students to hone their English skills whilst having the comfort of lectures and exams in their mother tongue
- Small class sizes which help faculty cultivate a mentor relationship with students and provide the individual attention needed to discover their special skills and succeed in their chosen pathway
Graduates from the BSc in Business Administration possess:
- Strong analytical skills, capable of identifying and assessing strategic opportunities that may benefit an organization in both the domestic and international market
- A solid understanding of the global business environment, trading systems, and geo and socio-political influences on investments, trade, and the economic landscape
- The flexibility and creativity necessary to address challenges presented by a rapidly changing international business environment.
- Cross-cultural communication skills, capable of managing people, resources and information across cultural boundaries.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSc Hons) is a three-year, full-time course. All of the E.S.E. undergraduate bachelor degree programmes are taught in English* and have a standard 360 credit structure (180 ECTS credits). Completion of the programme requires:
- Study of a foreign language
- Two internship placements
- Choice of one specialization in either management, marketing, finance or media and communication
- Final Project related to the chosen specialization
- Full-time compulsory attendance
The management specialization equips students with the knowledge and skills to commence a career within the business management arena with a full 360° understanding of how value is added, maintained, defended and increased within an organization. Subject areas expand across strategy and change management within an international context and will prepare students to be the business leaders of tomorrow.
The finance specialization provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary for success within the field of finance within the realm of business who will have a clear capacity to monitor, budget and maximize value within an organization. Subject areas examine risk management, strategy and environmental economics from a corporate, cultural and international perspective.
The marketing specialization prepares students with the vital knowledge and skills necessary for a career within the marketing sphere with a robust attitude to identify, classify, develop and dominate markets. Subject areas critically explore the marketing concept from buyer behavior to branding and positioning, through to service marketing and strategy.
Media and Communications
The media and communications specialization trains students in the fundamental knowledge and skills most needed for success in the dynamic international arena of media, journalism and PR, and in the ability to communicate the message of an organization clearly, fairly and with maximum impact. Subject areas examine the challenges, management, ethics and strategy of new media, communication and journalism with a global perspective.
Entrance into one of the bachelor programmes at E.S.E. requires the submission of the following documents to the Admissions Office at the E.S.E. center of interest:
- Application Form filled out with complete information
- Official copy of the High School Diploma or foreign equivalent certificate*
- Official copy of the High School Transcripts*
- 6.0 IELTS, TOEFL 577 paper-based, 233 computer-based, or IBT 90**
- Photocopy of Passport / ID document
- Four photographs (passport-sized)
- One Recommendation Letter
Applications arriving without the appropriate fee will not be considered.
* All non-English documents must be officially translated
** ETS Codes for the European School of Economics (for the TOEFL exam) vary by location: E.S.E. London is 5977, E.S.E. Rome is 1610, E.S.E. Milan is 5974, E.S.E. Florence is 5976 and E.S.E. Madrid 8833
Candidates who have completed their studies in the English language (at least 2 years) are not required to present a language qualification (TOEFL or IELTS).
Courses deemed equivalent to those in the chosen E.S.E. degree programme may receive transfer credit.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2018