Are you interested in developing systems and software? Tick. How about building databases? Tick. Then read on! As you might expect you’ll study system analysis, design, and development, but you’ll also learn about the transformative power of technology within a business. You’ll graduate as a well-informed all-rounder, ready to make a lasting impact on the business, public or charity sector.
This Top-up degree in information systems management builds on your HND experience and develops the academic research skills required for a BSc (Hons) degree.
Why Business at LSBU?
- We’re professionally recognized for full exemption from British Computer Society examinations.
- Specialist labs and industry-standard software mean you get the practical digital skills that employers value.
- Flexible framework: part of an Information Technology framework, designed to give the opportunity for specialization to suit career aspirations.
- Work experience: You'll have the option to undertake a work placement in your third year.
- Innovative research: No. 1 London Modern Uni for Research Quality - Computing, Sunday Times League Table 2017.
Key course information - ordered by mode
|Full-time||1 year||September||Southwark Campus|
|Part-time||2 years||September||Southwark Campus|
Taught modules (September - May)
- Research & Professional Practice
- Management Concepts & Evaluation Techniques
- Information Management and Decision Support Systems
- Strategic IT Management
- IS Project Management
Plus one optional module from below:
- IT Systems Administration
- Digital Content Management
Project module (June - September)
- Honours Informatics Project
As a graduate, you’ll be prepared to work across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors, specifically in roles such as IT Project Manager, ICT Manager, IT System/Business Analyst or Information Systems Manager.
We pay as much attention to developing your professional working skills as your high-level computing knowledge. We’ll build your team working, problem-solving and communication skills so you can be confident about your graduate prospects.
Recent graduates from this course have gone into roles with a range of organizations including Fennwright Manson, Thomson Reuters, Computer Centre and the National Audit Office.
We are the University of the Year for Graduate Employment - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018.
At LSBU, we want to set you up for a successful career. During your studies – and for two years after you graduate – you’ll have access to our Employability Service, which includes:
- An online board where you can see a wide range of placements: part-time, full-time or voluntary. You can also drop in to see our Job Shop advisers, who are always available to help you take the next step in your search.
- Our Careers Gym offering group workshops on CVs, interview techniques and finding work experience, as well as regular presentations from employers across a range of sectors.
Our Student Enterprise team can also help you start your own business and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.
Teaching and learning
This course is part of an Information Technology framework, designed to give the most flexibility and opportunity for specialization to suit your career aspirations.
Other courses in the IT framework:
- Top-up to BSc (Hons) Computer Systems Management
- Top-up to BSc (Hons) Information Technology
- Top-up to BSc (Hons) Digital Business
As an undergraduate or MEng Engineering student, you will be allocated a named tutor during your first three weeks at LSBU. The role of your tutor is to be your primary contact for academic and professional development support.
Your tutor will support you to get the most of your time at LSBU, providing advice and signposting to other sources of support in the University.
Your tutor should be the first person at the university that you speak to if you are having any difficulties that are affecting your work. These could be academic, financial, health-related or another type of problem.
You will have appointments with your personal tutor at least twice a semester throughout your course. You can contact your tutor for additional support by email or in person.
- HND in an appropriate subject earned at LSBU or another institution.
All modules are subject to change by the university and may differ from the modules you are offered during your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 8, 2018