Welcome to the Talal Abu Ghazaleh University College of Business
Established in 2012, Talal Abu-Ghazaleh University College of Business (TAG-UCB) is a premier university college that aims at developing a cadre of business leaders who can compete and succeed in the knowledge-based global economy. TAG-UCB aims to develop a cadre of future business knowledge leaders who can compete and succeed in a world of expanding knowledge and challenging economies. Our commitment to our students, to academic excellence and to regional development is reflected in our motto” Where the Gifted Become Knowledge Leaders“. A competitive advantage is not easily gained, and hence TAG-UCB is fortunate to have the financial resources and support of Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization (TAG-Org), recognized as the largest firm of professional services in the Arab world. TAG-Org, in the words of its Chairman HE Dr. Talal Abu-Ghazaleh, is committed to making TAG-UCB a premier undergraduate University College in the GCC countries and the Arab region in general. As a truly University College of Business, TAG-UCB develops business professionals for whom geography, culture, and communication are interwoven. We show how continually shifting knowledge, contexts, and strategies can affect innovation, and ensure students are able to adapt information and apply in real-world practice. Now facing fierce competition, firms are required to succeed in a culturally sensitive marketplace where resourcefulness is a prized asset. TAG-UCB, as well as TAG-SB (Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Graduate School of Business - www.tagsb.edu.jo) and TAGI-UNI (Talal Abu-Ghazaleh University - www.tagiuni.com), build on the success of Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization (www.tagorg.com) which has become a world leading professional service firm operating through more than 88 offices worldwide.
TAG-UCB is your smart choice, Inspiring the new generation! TAG-UCB is set to be an example of a world-class business university college aiming at developing a cadre of business leaders who can compete and succeed in the knowledge-based global economy. We show how continually shifting knowledge, contexts, and strategies can affect innovation, and ensure students are able to adapt information and apply the results worldwide. With the current fierce competition, firms are now required to succeed in a culturally sensitive marketplace where resourcefulness is a prized asset. As a true and highly competitive university college, TAG-UCB prepares leaders for whom geography, culture, and communication are interwoven into the fabric of life.
We aspire to be one of the tops recognized Business Colleges in the region for Academic Excellence, Community Outreach Services, and Research and Development Contributions.
Our mission is to provide students with high-quality education within a supportive and stimulating learning environment; excel our efforts and resources in supporting applied research; support our communities through linkage, relevance, and entrepreneurship.
1. To strengthen our efforts to recruit, attract, and educate an excellent and diverse body of students. 2. To provide students with the latest educational knowledge and skills. 3. To support students in becoming e practical and critical thinkers who are eager life-long learners. 4. To perpetually grow and develop instructional programs to meet the needs of students in a globally changing environment. 5. To enhance community involvement by offering TAGIUNI professional development courses and TAG Forum seminars. 6. To actively participate in joint research programs and international conferences.
Our educational approach is centered on the following principles:
- Commitment to standards of academic quality.
- Merit is the primary criterion in recruiting faculty and staff.
- Equal access to excellent educational opportunity.
- Commitment to providing students with knowledge and skills that are relevant to market needs.
- Emphasis on interpersonal skills, professional competencies, English language, teamwork and strong communication.
- Emphasis on the case method of instruction in order to train students to make intelligent arguments, engage in negotiations, defend their viewpoints and reach sound decisions.
- Emphasis on high ethical standards and integrity.
- Organize guest lectures and business seminars related to current business and economic issues.
- Organize tours and internships in companies, banks, and public organizations to allow students to observe the real business world.
- Provide opportunities for a study abroad in international universities.
- Emphasis on life-long learning skills.