CIS - The College for International Studies is an American University whose ideology is based on humanist and liberal principles, founded in 1981. Located in the heart of Madrid, in the Salamanca district, in one of the best areas of the city, accessible and very safe for our foreign students. We offer an alternative to the Spanish Educational System, enter into a completely different system, the American System, a system much more accessible to the student.
CIS - It is a university, but also a Grand Family, in which students feel comfortable, cared for and oriented when making important academic decisions.
Advantages of the American System
The American Educational System is the model to be followed by many other educational systems that are undergoing changes and reforms today; The best and most prestigious universities in the world follow it.
These would be the main advantages of the American Educational System:
- We reduce the risk of failure by mistake. Our students do not have to choose their career at the end of their baccalaureate, they make contact with several core subjects within the study area they have chosen during the first two years, to decide on a career after the third.
- It is very easy to change careers since many subjects are common.
- You can also change University within the network of American Universities because the credit system is the same.
- The student is the one who organizes and elaborates his own curriculum.
- It is based on practice versus theory. The important thing is for the student to understand the concept and retain it, not to memorize it and then forget it.
- We work every day, the student internalizes the daily work in front of the last minute work and that will accompany him in his life in all its facets.
- The evaluation is continuous, favoring constancy as a working method.
- The student is motivated to have many short-term goals and be responsible for their own curriculum.
Academic Partner: Endicott College
Since 1995 when CIS-The College for International Studies signed the collaboration agreement with Endicott College where students enrolled in CIS receive their credits, each year we transfer more than 40% of our students to their campus.
The student of CIS , once completed the first two years in CIS Madrid , can choose between any American University in the world, and make an application for admission, or they can go to Endicott College being in this case a "Transfer" because it is our Academic Partner
In 1995, The College for International Studies and Endicott College signed a collaboration agreement whereby CIS students enrolled in Endicott College programs receive their credits, which can be transferred to any US university.
Endicott College, Massachusetts, is accredited by the Association of Colleges and Universities of New England (NEASC - New England Associations of Schools and Colleges).
CIS is authorized by the Community of Madrid as a foreign university in Spain (BOCM number 81, of April 6, 1998).