About University of the Pacific
Why Study at the University of the Pacific? Because the life you want to live starts here. Because you’ll find small class sizes for more attention from professors. Because you’ll learn by doing, thanks to research, internships and group projects. Because the University of the Pacific is like the world itself at its best: Diverse. Inspiring. Empowering. Stockton: Best of both worlds Want to study in the U.S. without crazy crowds or the stress of a giant city? Stockton, in beautiful California, offers culture and fun in a medium-sized city.
- 300,000 people live in Stockton
- 90-minute drive to exciting San Francisco
- “Mediterranean climate”: hot, dry summers and mild winters
- Cinemas, live music venues, an opera house, professional sports, museums and more
- Annual festivals celebrating Chinese New Year, Colombian Independence Day and more
- Close to Lake Tahoe, Yosemite National Park and other popular hiking and recreation areas.
Academics: A rich, inspired education University of the Pacific is the 12th best American college for alumni salaries above expectation. It’s not just about what you pay for college – it’s what you get back. And Pacific offers a wealth of knowledge and inspiration.
- Oldest university in California
- 13:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Average class size: 18 students
- Rated a top college by The Economist Magazine
- 80 degrees to choose from at Pacific
- Ranked #10 nationally for earnings based on academic major.
Campus: Supportive and fun student life At Pacific, your professors actually know your name. Just as importantly, you’ll get to know your fellow students. And the city of Stockton, which is big enough to be fun but small enough to be calm.
- 6,304 undergraduate and graduate students
- Ranked #9 national university campus for ethnic diversity
- 150+ of student clubs and organizations based on academics, multiculturalism, hobbies & more
- Named #34 in “America’s coolest school” list
- 18 top tier Division I sports programs for men and women
- Among the top 10 most beautiful campuses in the U.S.